Kudos to Len Devanna for tagging me. Not this kind of tag. I know there are many that hate internet memes, and I would wager that most people tagged like this start off ranting about the concept. I have to actually thank Len who through doing so kicked me into gear in the world of blogging. Six months from now, when this blog is stale, I’ve got writer’s block, and I’ve lost sleep trying to figure out what to write next, I’ll write my post about "Len Devanna is the Anti-Christ." I’ve already started that one in draft mode…
From Len’s post,
"While such emails are pointless and fall in the digital pollution category, this is quite different. It helps strengthen the online relationships I’ve established. It puts me in a position to share something I otherwise wouldn’t – which helps to provide some context around who I am – especially for those who only know me through an online relationship. It also helps create new relationships."
He’s right…you can follow back from Len’s tag, to Blogging and Social Media icon Chris Brogan, to well known Forrester analyst Peter Kim, and you can read little known facts about a lot of interesting people. More importantly you can begin to connect.
Here is my 4×4 and tag victims (both in no particular ranking)…as Dr. Rumack says, "Good luck, we’re all counting on you."
Four jobs I’ve had in my life :
- Camp counselor at Camp Kenwood, an overnight summer camp in New Hampshire…source of at least a third of my friends on Facebook, mostly former campers. My sister and her husband are currently the head counselors of the girls’ and boys’ camps, respectively. There has been one or both of us there every year since 1985.
- Sales rep for Cutco / Vector Marketing one winter break in college. I am serious, these are the sharpest knives ever. I don’t want them in my house because I’m afraid I’ll sever a digit like it’s butter. Yes, the scissors can actually cut through a penny, it’s not just part of the schtick.
- All around clerk at Pink’s Pharmacy in Randolph, NJ. I used to assemble the Sunday newspapers by section before customers came in. Joy. Stu Kurtz was the owner and was great as my first real "boss." My favorite co-worker conversation topic: "what to say to a patron who just bought condoms when they are finished with their purchase."
- Pseudo-paralegal-all-around-errand guy at Abberley Kooiman, LLP – a corporate law firm in midtown, NYC. I would file things, research things and deliver things. What I got most out of it was learning to find my way around Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn on my own at age 16.
Four shows I DVR :
- 24 – Arguably the best show on TV
- Inside the NFL – It’s on 5 times a week so why Tivo it, but Chris Collinsworth is one of the best and Peter King just looks funny.
- Entourage – Ari Gold is such a spot on character. Plus my sister-in-law who lives in LA used to work in an agency like that and said the show is actually spot on.
- Anything with Charlie Brown – my kids love the seasonal specials and I like to remember what it was like when cartoons were funny. Note to self: write a post about how the downfall of all modern cartoons came about with the advent of Scrappy Doo.
Four places I’ve been :
- Vail, Colorado – no other place I’d rather ski. The back bowls above the tree line in feet of powder…<shudder>.
- Islamorada, Florida, home of my favorite outdoor bar on the planet, Lorelei’s. There isn’t much better than sipping a cold one with your feet in the sand, ocean waves a few feet away and some sort of Jimmy Buffett cover band playing to a crowd of less than 20 people while watching the sunset.
- Curaçao – a beach and scuba diving vacation with the family. I still will never each Gouda cheese again. I think it’s the only cheese they actually have on the island and they put it on everything from pizza to omelettes.
- The State Park in Keystone, Wyoming. While on a cross country trip after college with two friends, we stumbled upon a camp site there that was so amazing we stayed for 3 days.
Four favorite foods :
- I’m a sucker for a really good chicken parm sub.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Coffee
- Chicken teriyaki or philly cheesesteak sub with all the fixin’s at the Kountry Kart Deli in Burlington, VT. At 3am. Trust me.
- What can I say, I have kids and I have been known to eat SpagettiOs. They are comfort food and I am not ashamed to admit it. Much.
Time to pass the torch to:
- Ami Chitwood – Passionate member of the social media community in Boston, proud Chumby owner, fellow Twitter and coffee addict
- Aaron Strout – VP of New Media at Mzinga near Boston and a contributor and driver of We Are Smarter Than Me … on Facebook in a personality profile test Aaron tested positive as my long lost identical twin
- Matt Garlock – Driven project manager in the interactive group at Brulant
- Angela Moore – Avid photoblogger and SEO/SEM specialist, taking the social media world by storm
Let’s see the meme continue… I appreciate Len’s kick in the pants to start blogging, and for the tag on this one